Sunday, September 17, 2006

Post Game Comments from kcroyals.com

Even if Odalis Perez doesn't pan out, at least he's honest:

"Perez believes that he, Runelvys Hernandez, Luke Hudson, Jorge De La Rosa, Scott Elarton and Mark Redman -- if he returns -- can form the basis of a solid rotation.

'The only weakness is the bullpen,' he said. 'In the offseason if we can get a good closer, long relief and a setup guy, we're going to be competitive.'"


I know this last comment made me bust out laughing at work, allowing people to make odd faces at me. I say if he doesn't pan out make him the manager! He's not a PC-idiot, at least he's willing to say it like it is and not worry about hurting the guy's feelings in the bullpen.

Though I must say, I'd be comfortable (but not ecstatic) with Joe Nelson as the closer. If FA closers are too expensive, don't blow the money for a transition year, continue to develop a closer (Braun, Nunez, Burgos) in AAA or use one as a setup man for a year in the Majors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home