Thursday, January 18, 2007

Opposing the Opposing POV (kinda)

Here's the one team that wasn't desputed that deserved the playoffs more than KC: The Bengals. They got knocked out of the playoffs by being Tony Romo before Tony Romo became Tony Romo (botching the extra-point hold). Any way, I know the argument is going to be that they lost to Pittsburg, but Pittsburg is a better team than their record would suggest, they've had injury problems at some key positions and lost a huge offensive factor in the offseason (whether the stats suggest it or not) in Jerome Bettis (he was the perfect counter-point to Willie Parker). I would face Jacksonville before Pittsburg any day. Besides, the Bengals proved they were better than us early on by creaming us. Say what you want about that game or how Trent got hurt or how it was early and we hadn't gelled yet... they creamed us fair and square, no doubt about it.

Oh, and as for Brody - I like him and I'd be ok with him being our starter. My beef is that Green has become the scapegoat for our offensive woes when the blame rests in anyone's hands but his. If we send him to another team (that can protect him) I'd be ok with that because I want to see him succeed and it is questionable whether or not that will happen in KC (but not because of him).

And as for Sisco - I don't think this trade was bad... I'm just not sold on it. From what stories I've heard about Sisco in the recent past I'm completely ok with getting rid of him. If he's lazy like I've heard I have no reason to want him in KC. I just think Gload was the wrong guy to pick, not because of him... because he plays positions we don't need people in. Obviously Shealy could have a down season or get hurt, but we've got Sweeney (I know, he gets hurt), German (needs a position full-time anyway), Teahen (wouldn't this be an easier switch than to outfield anyway?), not to mention any other position player in our system... this is 1b people, as in: the only requirement to play is to be a functioning human with the mental capacity of at least a dumb monkey. Sure, a great defensive first baseman is a great commodity, but it is by no means necessary, plenty of teams succeed with guys who have no right to touch a baseball with anything other than a bat. And as far as the outfield goes (Gload's other position) we have like 8 guys competing as it is... DeJesus, Brown, Sanders, Gathright, Huber, Costa, Meier, Teahen... ok, so 7 I can think of, but that's for 5 position TOPS. Why not get something we can use, like, I don't know, another pitcher, or a solid Shortstop in case Berroa doesn't find his old form, or a catcher that might hit .280;20hr;80rbi? Just a thought.

brandx

P.S. Does anyone else think Indy was just messing with us all year? I mean, like they knew they were going to make the playoffs so they just pretended that their defense was complete crap so that they could fool everyone and destroy them in the playoffs? 'Cuz I kinda get that feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home