Thursday, October 12, 2006

And there he goes...

Guess we won't make that 3 year window it takes to judge a trade. It was a small, but welcome blurb (even though I was high on Wood for a long time) that he was claimed off waivers by the Rangers. They can have him. One of two things will happen: 1) he will shake the curse of the royals and stop underachieving OR 2) he actually IS an underachiever and will continue to be so in Texas. We probably should have known, Billy Beane is a smart man and the ONLY reason he got rid of Teahen is b/c a healthy Chavez is an awesome Chavez (though I bet he wishes he still had Teahen in the minors during the season, providing Chavez needed recuperation time).

Read robneyer.com for their comments on the Royals 40 Man Roster. Interesting, if sad, stuff. The team just doesn't look good enough at this point to make me happy about next year. There are too many unknowns that need to occur before I get excited; mainly, Brown needs to be traded, Reggie needs to be traded, Teahen needs to be traded, Redman needs to sign elsewhere, and we need to get better pitching/position player prospects for Teahen. I'd say semi-major league ready (or at least ready to work it out in the majors next year), and a shortstop. If Berroa can have a renaissance, then good for him. I'm just not sure I'm willing to wait next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home