Saturday, July 22, 2006

Why not me too?

Ok, so I apologize in advance to anyone who has no desire to hear anymore about the subject of this post... if you choose not to read it, that's fine. I'm going to get my two cents in about Barry Bonds. If you are sick and tired of him, read no further. I just feel like I have to say a few things in light of his current situation.

First things first: I hate Barry Bonds. He is a self-centered, ego-maniacal, cheating, ungrateful, self-righteous, no good, waste of human flesh. I could go on, but I will spare you some of my anger. This guy is a terrible example for people of all ages, and yet he is one of the greatest ball players of all time (don't even try to argue that point, you'll look loke an idiot). But he is a terrible person. I don's want him to pass Hank Aaron, I didn't want him to pass Babe Ruth, I hoped he would have fallen short of Mark MacGuire and Roger Maris, hell, if I had my way he wouldn't have passed Ozzie Smith on the all-time homerun list.

But right now I hate Bud Selig, the Players' Union, the Government, and anyone else involved even more than Barry Bonds for one simple reason: they have made me feel bad for Barry Bonds. I actually find myself feeling pity for this pityless sack of flesh. Why? Because he has become the pariah, the scapegoat in this whole steroids fiasco. Sure, the current allegations are that he purgered (sp?) and commited tax fraud or evasion (I'm not real sure), but why are these things suddenly coming into the light? Because everyone is sure that Bonds used steroids but knows that they can't get him on it. So the logical solution is to get him on anything ou can find and make an exampe of him. The thought process is that this will somehow fix baseball's problem, or at least turn the spotlight away.

Barry Bonds did use steroids, I think anyone that looks at pictures of Bonds from every year of his career will see that his weight gain in a short span of time was not solely from intense weight training. But let me re-enlighten everyone who is pissed at Bonds for this fact... it was a legal substance according to MLB rules during the time he used it. Holy Sh*t! Hmmm... So that means that although he may have set records and approached others using a substance that is performance enhancing, he did it while obeying the rules agreed upon by MLB, the players and the owners. So, everyone, let's root for Barry to outdo all of this off the field crap so that we can fix the real problems in baseball instead of hiding behind a convenient scape-goat. Then when Barry steps back onto the field let's not pay any attention. If he hits a homerun don't acknowledge it. If he passes Hank Aaron I don't even want to know about it. Just let him play his last year or two without one bit of press coverage, not one bit of applause, not one boo... just silence. And do this because he is an individual that needs to realize how insignificant he is in this world when you get right down to it. He thinks of himself as a superhuman, when he makes a living playing a game, not something important.

Then let's all focus on getting Bud Selig out of the Commissioner's seat, and keeping the PLayer's Union accountable for their dumbass, selfish actions, and forcing owners to play fair and get rid of players that are cheating or are bad for the game.

brandx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home