Thursday, September 21, 2006

Miracles from Wed., Sept 20

Miracle....

1) While I have not read the SI article about Alex Rodriguez, it did arrive in my mail around 11 AM. For our mailman, this is a very early time, I think the sports god was giving me a chance to read it before the news hit ESPN... though sadly, I did not have time.

2) While loving John Kruk like an uncle (and I miss Harold like a long-lost grandfather), I was glad to see that he did not pull a gun in the first segment of Baseball Tonight and shoot the cameraman while RANTING about Alex Rodriguez. Again, I love John Kruk, but IF I EVER HEAR THE F'IN WORDS, "THROWN UNDER A BUS" AGAIN, I may do John's dirty work... ON HIM. There are 2 phrases that ESPN uses waaaaay too much (thrown "under a bus" was said not only by Kruk 30xs during his two rants (1 at 6ish and 1 at 11ish), but also by ESPN newscasters talking about Jeff Fisher and Billy Volek), which are "thrown under the bus"(obviously) and "vanilla." Now, I won't be a hypocrite, my beloved KC STAR used it waaay too many times during the preseason to talk about the play of the Chiefs D. I think vanilla is the DUMBEST way to describe something, especially when you say or write it 10xs in a segment.

3) Odalis Perez finally pitched like Dayton may have hoped (7IP, 1ER, 1BB, 3K), just in time for him to get another start before we are left to wonder about his skill for next year. Thanks Odalis, thanks.

4) MIRACLE FOUR: I restate the MIRACLE FOUR b/c we are all going to sit down and think of a new "thrown under a bus" phrase b/c I'm tired of hearing people talk about "being thrown under a bus." I mean, saying I threw my best friend "under a bus" doesn't really make total sense. If I did "throw him under a bus," he'd be dead and little children would be screaming. I TRULY think there is a better phrase than "thrown under a bus." For instance, let's get back to some Shakespeare prhaseology like: Alex Rodriguez Machiavellian acts were despicable or he "stabbed his teammates in the back," though this one may also be similar to throwing your buddy "under a bus" since "stabbing" your buddy "in the back" will probably puncture a lung or kidney and most likely kill him; albeit, a little slower than being "thrown and run over 'by a bus.'"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home