Thursday, July 27, 2006

Moore of a good thing...

I am thoroughly impressed with the work Dayton Moore has done so far as GM. I have to agree with my blogging counterparts that the moves made recently by Moore have been amazing. I will admit that I am sad to see MacDougal, Dessens, and Graffanino leave, I loved both those guys and the effort they gave day in and day out. However, we got a lot in return. Four minor league pitching studs (Lumsden was voted as having the best fastball and slider in the CWS minor league system, and Pimentel and Johnson were ranked the 16 and 17 prospects in the Dodgers' system). Now, who knows if anything will pan out with these guys, but this immediately helps our minor league pitching prospects. And the key thing to remember is that all of these pitching prospects except Lumsden are in A ball, Lumsden is in AA. This means that we have minor league pitchin with room to grow that is already becoming an impact. We also got a guy in Odalis Perez who can pitch at the major league level (although I still feel he is one of the more over-rated pitchers in the majors) and can still improve (he's 29). And we also got a guy in de la Rosa that could pan out for us. He is versatile and has good stuff, just poor command. But, as I read in the star yesterday... what have we got to lose? Let the guy go out and throw, he'll eventually find his groove if you give him the right coaching and time... and it's not like we've got a season to salvage. So keep the good times a rollin' Moore, you've got my support!

brandx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home