Friday, August 25, 2006

Dagnabit!

I know that this really doesn't change anything, but it just kind of fits this season that both Doug Mientkiewcz (sp?) and Reggie Sanders are now out for the remainder of the season (both requiring surgery). I know that really, we have the youth that can produce in those positions, but it just sucks that this whole year we never really had our lineup or rotation or our bullpen set. At the beginning of the year our lineup and rotation and bullpen looked pretty solid... not playoff contention, but playoff spoiler. Then all the sudden everyone and their dog got hurt and we've been a rotating door the whole season. I swear, I know our AAA team better than our MLB team because they've been playing for us more than our real team... it just makes you wonder what the season could've been like if our team could have stayed healthy. I think the other thing that hurts about it is that Dougie is probably done here in KC... that sucks. Here's a great role-model and good ball-player. I am going to be sad to see him go. Thanks for everything Doug.

brandx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home