Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Chiefs

We interrupt the slow process of updating the Royals roster status with who isn't excited by Trent Green leaving?

Me.

But not for the reasons, most would suspect.

There are a million different reasons I'm disappointed (yet excited for him to leave); one, it ushers in the FINAL stamp on Herm (Chiefs were in transition last year (and so were the fans)). No more run and gun, now it's just run and dumps. I'm ok with that, and with Trent gone, I'll be more ok with it. Trent needs to retire though. I have too much respect for that man for him to end up in Oakland or with the Redskins... or as a backup. Get out and get into broadcasting!

Damon doesn't really do much for me, as far as signings go. I agree with Whitlock that he's a great stopgap QB (as long as he continues to produce, which he should, it's a simple offense, handoff the ball!) I think he's a bargain for a team needing some time to develop a QB and for that money, they can easily sideline him as the backup.

For the offense we're going to run with this guy, though, can we win?

I'm not sure.

At least when the Chiefs were losing, they were scoring 40 points a game.

Now they may lose and only score 10.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home