Monday, February 26, 2007

What a Guy!

I know that from the get go I have been saying that the Royals should move Gordon while he's in the minors and leave Teahen at third. However, I understand the Royals' position and arguement on the issue. I also understand that Gordon is really forcing their hand as far as calling him up, which does bring more credibility to moving Teahen as opposed to Gordon. For now I will concede this arguement and I will no longer try to voice my opposition to this move, at this point the Royals have no other option (unless somehow Gordon falls apart or gets injured). So there it is, now onto the real reason for this post:

Teahen is amazing! I am so happy that we have this guy and I hope we don't lose him through free agency or a trade in a long, long time. Most of you are thinking that it has to do with the fact that he had a great second half and is coming into his own, but this is only a part of the reason. The biggest reason, for me, is that he has handled this Gordon situation better than any sports figure can be expected to do in this day and age. He has worked his tail off to learn the outfield and become a strong defender there (keeping in mind he's basically never played outfield). And, he has done so without an ounce of anger. He has said that initially he was shocked (love the honesty, and, honestly, who wouldn't be), but then he realized that this move was in the team's best interest and that that was his main concern - the team. If we ever trade this guy I might have to find another team to root for (unless Teahen suddenly becomes a typical sports star - me, me, me). This is the kind of player that teams need. This is the kind of player that helps win championships. Just imagine if every player had that kind of mentality... how different would the league be? Kansas City should embrace Teahen as a savior of the Royals because he is making personal sacrifices in order to help the team, and with our market and our division we need all our players to follow suit in order to compete again. So, thank you Mr. Teahen, you are saving the Royals!

brandx (I realize it helps that Teahen is becoming a stud player)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home