Thursday, July 27, 2006

Fast Eddie... wait, he's not that fast.

So I'm reading the paper and swearing at the top of my lungs through my Fruit Loops and coffee... it was quite a mess... because I'm reading that Eddie Kennison wants more money. GIVE ME A BREAK. I'm sorry Mr. Kennison, but I think we're over-paying you as it is. Now I know that the statistics are against me here, I know that he is in the top 10 in almost every recieving category in Chiefs' history, but spare me your money grubbing blabber Eddie. First of all, you have played in an explosive offense in which you were a minor part. Of course your stats will look better than the receivers of the Marty-ball era, when passing was unheard of. And our recievers in previous eras had the little problem that THE GAME WAS DEFENSIVELY MINDED! It's interesting to see how all sports have shifted to a more offensive focus in recent years... it makes you wonder how bad some of today's players would perform back then and how wonderfully some of yesteryears' players would perform now. But, back to your friend and mine, Eddie Kennison. Would you like to know why Kennison's numbers look so good? I'll tell you this, it ain't because he can run a stellar route or that he's a speed demon and can blow past defenders (although that's what he keeps getting billed as). Kennison reminds me of good ol' Derrick Alexander who was talked up to be this super-human reciever, but when it boiled right down to it, he couldn't get open to save his life unless we ran a successful play-action pass. So, Eddie's success has been based on the fact that he is a role-player surrounded by superb offensive weapons. When a defense has to put eight in the box to stop Johnson, double cover Tony G over the middle, and worry about the recieving ability of Priest out of the backfield, someone else is going to be left with very little attention paid to them... TA-DA! Eddie Kennison. Nevermind the fact, also, that Trent Green is one of the most accurate passers in the game today... so if Eddie gets a foot of separation there's a good chance Green can get it to him. So shut the hell up Kennison and play the position you were born to play: minute role-player in a high-powered offense. Or leave, I could care less. We will find someone else to fill your shoes, and they'll probably do better.

brandx (who as an out-of-shape, heavy individual could outrun Eddie Kennison)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home