Thursday, March 22, 2007

42 (thoughts on life, the universe, and everything)

Ok, here we go...

The KC Star had two separate articles about Buddy Bell, and how he's here to stay, so... my guess is that Bell is not going to be a guy that's here for "the fall" and then shipped off for some other manager. In other words, Bell is Moore's guy barring some insane meltdown... like losing 130 games or something ridiculous like that.

Trivia Question: Who's the only player in the Majors to wear the number 42? He is only allowed to wear it because it was his number prior to the MLB retiring the number alltogether in honor of Jackie Robinson.

I must say that, yet again, I am completely excited about Mark Teahen. That guy has transitioned to an outfielder like a champ! So far he's committed one error (although there might have been a second) and that was in Center Field - a position he's not scheduled to play unless DeJesus needs a day off and Gathright doesn't make the team. This guy is amazing! Just make him Royals' Player of the Year right now, because that's what's going to happen!

Hey, how about those Jayhawks?!?!? That was an amazing game! I can't even begin to fathom how hard that game was for them in every way. I mean, that SIU team was ridiculous on D. I think they might be tougher than the '85 Bears. But, the Hawks held there own, played some stout defense of their own and found a way to win. I think that speaks volumes about this team and their character. Let's hope they can keep the momentum going!

Even though I despise, or megaloathe, king carl and his boy wonder/toy herm, they have made a wonderful move or two so far. First, I like Napoleon Harris, the guy seems tough and smart, that's a great combo, and complement for DJ (Derrick Johnson). Then Donnie Edwards, I know he's old, but he doesn't play it. I think we can still get a couple of good years out of him, and he'll help some of those younger defensive players develop and mature. And, lastly, Sammie Knight. I am miffed at why we didn't try to trade him, I have to believe that we could have gotten something, ANYTHING, in return, but this clears space for our two freaks of nature: Page and Pollard. Does anyone else get the feeling we may have the beginnings of the greatest DB corps ever (if we can cut about 200 years of age off our cornerback crew)? I do also wonder, however, why wesley wasn't the first to go... I mean, Knight did seem to tackle every once in awhile, wesley just kinda runs at people and then tries to fall on them. Anyway, let's just hope he's the next to get the axe in some way, shape, or form.

Does anyone else feel like Trent is just completely getting the shaft?

Let's hope Alex Gordon's defense improves come regular season play. I'm not worried, but if his miscues keep up for much longer I will be! The kid's gonna be a stud, though, no doubt. Oh, and if he has a killer year and "Dice-K" get's rookie of the year, I think I'll kill bud selig, because, really how is Matsusaka a rookie?

Oh, and when selig finally retires I'm still planning on throwing one HELLACIOUS PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sitting through this ADD rant... I just had a lot I wanted to get out there!

brandx (I swear I'm looking for my meds right now!)




Trivia Answer: Mariano Rivera. He's the Yankees stellar closer for those of you scratching your brow.

If you got it right you've earned my respect and admiration for the next 30 seconds, use them wisely!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home