Friday, March 02, 2007

Ditto

I have to agree with my cohort in crime on this one. The beginning of baseball season is by FAR my favorite part of the year. I think the only way it will be topped is if the Royals suddenly become a given to participate in postseason play... at that point October/November will be my favorite time of year.

I also agree that we finally get to see true athletic plays everyday. I will never argue that it takes a great athlete to be a baseball player (it helps, but it's not necessary). But a diving catch, stealing a homerun, hitting a 90mph fastball, hitting a nose-diving curveball, and any number of other feats occuring everyday in baseball are insanely more difficult than slam-dunking a basketball. I'll admit that some dunks are amazing, but really, if you can jump high enough, you can dunk... I'm tired of seeing dunks on the top 10 plays of the day.

So let's all take a minute, close our eyes, and imagine the smell of the grass, hear the cheers of the crowd, sing take me out to the ballgame, and enjoy a beer and a dog. Because that, my friends, is truly heaven on earth.

GO ROYALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brandx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home